Its formula is developed to provide hygiene, highlight and shine.
Free from: Sulphate / Paraben / Colourant
BLONDE HAIR FAQs
What is the best blonde shampoo?
Blonde hair, especially bleached blonde hair, is prone to breakage, damage, and dryness, and therefore requires a little extra care. Thankfully, there many fantastic shampoos on the market formulated particularly for blonde hair. So, which is the best?
A good blonde shampoo should not strip hair of its moisture. Rather, a good blonde shampoo should be nourishing, hydrating, and keep brassiness at bay. That’s why we recommend opting for a purple/ anti-yellow shampoo with moisturising ingredients to keep your blonde looking bright and fresh, even for weeks after your hair appointment.
Some brands we rate at Haircare Superstore include milk_shake, Nak Hair, Juuce, Fanola and 18 in 1 – these are not only deeply nourishing and leave hair feeling soft and smooth but are also fantastic for toning down any orange or yellow hues. For serious repair work, go for Olaplex, Davroe and CPR products – these are holy grail products for hair that’s on its last straw. Check out our blog all about the best purple shampoos for blondes to further boost the health of your luscious locks!
How to tone hair at home
Looking for a quick touch-up for the weekend and have no time for a hair appointment? No worries! It’s quick and easy to do a quick toning session in the comfort of your own home. If you’re looking to give your hair just a subtle boost, a purple shampoo and conditioner works miracles for lightly subduing those nasty yellow and brassy tones blondes have the pleasure of experiencing. Here’s how to use these products for a quick blonde refresher!
- Dampen your hair. Alternatively, you can add purple shampoo to dry hair, but this leads to a greater risk of over-toning, especially if your hair is already very light. Over-toning is when a blue or purple tint remains stained into hair (unless you’re into it, then go for gold!). If you’re only needing a light radiance boost, damp hair is the way to go.
- Add a generous amount of purple shampoo and lather it up! Let this sit on your hair for a few minutes – the results come out better with a little heat, so it’s a great idea to do this step in the shower. Hair is naturally porous, and those follicles open right up when heated, allowing for more product to get through.
- Wash the purple shampoo out and have a quick glance at your strands – does the blonde look cleaner? Feel free to give them a round two with the shampoo if not!
- Otherwise, if your hair is looking more platinum than gold, then finish off with your favourite purple conditioner to lock in the effects – leave the conditioner in for a few minutes as well to amp up toning effect.
Keep in mind that you can not lift out colours with purple shampoo or conditioner; however, they’re great at cancelling out yellowish tones. Now that your colour is right, get your style right with Haircare Superstore’s range of straighteners, curlers, and dryers.
How to fix damaged bleached hair
Bleach blonde hair never goes out of fashion, but it also comes at a cost – and that can be a heck of a lot of damage. While lightening hair is always fun, our hair can only take so much bleach before it snaps.
Bleaching is a process that chemically strips the colour right out of your hair – afterwards, this leaves hair feeling dry and often looking a little frazzled. With the right routine and high-quality products, you can bring some life back into your hair. These are some must-haves if you “must have” blonde hair…
- A protein treatment – protein-rich hair treatments can work to strengthen and smooth hair strands, leading to shinier, silkier, and healthier hair.
- Olaplex Products – these are known for their patented ingredient which works to rebuild bonds in hair strands, preventing breakage and throwing your seriously damaged hair a much-needed lifeline.
- Purple/ Anti-yellow shampoo and conditioner – these are a must have for blondes wanting to cancel out any yellow pigment.
Heat protection – you’ve already fried your hair chemically, so give it a shield against the physical heat used in heat styling and keep your hair healthier for longer.
COLOURED HAIR FAQs
What is the best shampoo for coloured hair?
Colouring hair takes time, effort, and money – don’t let it all go down the drain (along with your hair colour) by using the wrong shampoo to maintain your freshly-dyed locks. Some shampoos can contain harsh detergents that strip away colour with each use, leading to your hair colour fading quickly, hair damage, and dull or frizzy hair. For colour longevity, it’s best to use a colour protecting shampoo as part of your haircare routine.
Colour protecting shampoos are specifically formulated to lock in hair dyes to prevent them from washing out as quickly and becoming dull. They also maintain gloss and shine, to keep your hair looking and feeling as good as it did when walking out of the salon. Some of our top brands for colour protection products include Nak Hair, muk, Davroe, Matrix, milk_shake, Keratherapy, and Biolage, to name a few. Search through Haircare Superstore’s full range of shampoos here!
Is dye bad for your hair?
Hair dye can be a lot of fun, but it can also take its toll on our hair. The hair dying process can weaken hair strands over time and even lead to breakage, especially without the right aftercare routine. Whether you’re going lighter or darker, dying hair involves using harsh chemicals to open up the hair cuticle and either dissolve or add pigment. The extent to which this damages hair depends on a few factors, including existing hair condition, type of hair dye (permanent vs wash-out or gloss), and how you’re looking after your hair.
Without a solid haircare routine, colouring your hair can eventually compromise the integrity the hair structure, leading to breakage (and an unwanted hair cut). So, ensure your haircare routine includes the following steps for the ultimate hair health when regularly colouring:
- Colour protecting shampoo and conditioner – this is an important step to prevent colour from washing out (unfortunately even the most permanent of colours will still fade).
- Hair treatments – whether it be a hydrating treatment to add moisture back into your hair, or a protein treatment for strength (or both), make sure you take the time (once every 2-3 washes) to give your hair a little TLC.
- Styling products – grab a few staples that will make styling easier and protect your hair at the same time. From thermal protection sprays, oils, and creams, you can ensure your style is always looking on-point and feeling healthy.
How to prevent colour from fading
Nothing is better than freshly dyed hair. It’s silky, shiny, and vibrant in colour. However, no matter how permanent dye claims to be, it does tend to fade over time. Thankfully, there are some simple steps you can take to prolong your colour and keep your hair salon fresh for longer:
- Use a colour protective shampoo and conditioner – these use gentler detergents and are packed with moisturising ingredients to prevent colour washing out and your hair from drying out.
- Minimising washing hair – fewer washes means less dye goes down the drain. In between washes, use dry shampoo to soak up any oils and keep hair looking fresh.
- Avoid hot water – we’re not saying brave the cold shower, but steaming-hot showers are a sure-fire way to let all that beautiful pigment escape from your hair follicles. Drop the temp slightly for your next shower to avoid sacrificing colour.
- Avoid getting hair wet in spas, pools and at the beach – and if it’s unavoidable, drench your hair in leave-in conditioner to create a barrier and stop colour from seeping out.
- Mix remaining dye with conditioner for a quick refresh – when your colour is looking a little lacklustre, cover your dry hair with this conditioner and let it sit for as long as possible before washing out as per your normal routine. This will give your colour a little boost between hair appointments.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
* Free standard shipping (Australia only) to selected post codes for all orders over $50.
For Standard delivery, please allow 4-7 business days.^^
Standard Delivery Rates:
- Orders up to 500g: Standard delivery rate $5.95
- Orders 500g and over (under $50): Standard delivery rate $9.95
For Express delivery, please allow 1-3 business days.^^
Express Delivery Rates:
- Orders up to 5kg (under $50): Express delivery rate $12.95**
- Orders up to 5kg (over $50): Express delivery rate $9.95**
- Orders 5kg +: Not Available
Note – All orders require a signature on delivery.