The Clever Curl Fragrance Free Cleanser, Curl Cream and Wonder Foam Pack is awesome Value!
- Clever Curl Fragrance Free Cleanser 450ml
- Clever Curl Fragrance Free Cream 450ml
- Clever Curl Fragrance Free Wonder Foam 200ml
Clever Curl Fragrance Free has been carefully and gently formulated to suit all curls, particularly those who may experience sensitivity to fragrance from time to time. All products are formulated with minimal ingredients and are sulfate and silicone free to ensure that nothing gets in the way of beautiful, natural curls.
The Clever Curl Fragrance Free Cleanser is designed to work as a no-poo to gently clean and hydrate the hair and scalp with virtually no lather.
- Completely saturate hair with warm water to open the cuticle.
- Apply to hands and distribute evenly in palms and fingers before applying to hair and scalp.
- Massage into scalp with fingertips to remove product, dirt and oils. Add more warm water and let it run right to the ends, scrunching as you go. This technique will gently clean the hair and help activate the curl.
- Rinse out with lots of water, making sure not to remove too much water and leaving the hair saturated in preparation for conditioning.
Safe for coloured hair
Clever Curl Fragrance Free Cream is a curl cream that provides long lasting maximum moisture and beautiful definition with no hold. May be used as a Leave-in and/or for Refresh. Suitable for all curl types.
The curl cream may be used in either or both of the following ways:
METHOD 1: Leave-in
- After your conditioning routine, apply to palms and distribute evenly through hair using your preferred personal techniques such as; raking, praying hands.
- For more accentuated curls gently scrunch hair to encourage stronger curls.
- Leave in and let hair dry with your preferred technique such as; plopping, diffusing or air dry, OR for stronger curl definition and hold apply a curl gel before allowing the hair to dry.
METHOD 2: Refresh
- Add a small amount of product to a water spray bottle. Add more if required.
- Spray the mixture to desired parts of the hair to combat frizz.
- Let curls dry with your preferred refreshing techniques.
Safe for coloured hair - 450ml
Clever Curl Fragrance Free Wonderfoam is the hero of the range. The Wonderfoam truly lives up to its name providing long-lasting maximum moisture, curl definition and a medium hold. Suitable for all curl types.
For Volume or Condition or Refresh
- Start with 1 - 2 pumps into palms and distribute evenly using your preferred personal techniques such as; raking, praying hands.
- For more accentuated curls gently scrunch hair to encourage stronger curls.
- Leave in and let hair dry with your preferred technique such as; plopping, diffusing or air dry, OR for stronger curl definition and hold, apply a curl gel before allowing the hair to dry.
TIP: For optimum performance store & use above 15°C.
Safe for coloured hair - 200ml
Australian – Vegan – 100% CG – Refillable
CURLY HAIR FAQs
What is a good curly hair routine?
Naturally curly hair is eye-catching and absolutely gorgeous, but it’s also a bit fussy. Using the wrong products and routine can produce flat, lacklustre, and frizzy curls. That’s why a lot of curly-haired folk swear by routines such as the Curly Girl Method to enhance their natural curls, minimise frizz, and cut down product build-up. Never heard of the Curly Girl Method? We can break it down for you:
- Wash hair with a sulphate containing shampoo to “reset” your hair (only sulphate shampoos can break down silicones and waxes, which you’ll need to avoid thereafter, by the way). Anytime you accidentally use a product containing silicones or wax, you’ll need to repeat this step!
- When not needing to “reset”, wash hair with a sulphate-free shampoo. These shampoos have much gentler detergents that don’t strip moisture out of your hair. Make sure you’re spending at least 60 seconds massaging your scalp to get all the product out!
- Use a generous amount of silicone-free conditioner to coat your mid-lengths to ends (stay away from the root! Your ends should be fully saturated with conditioner and feel “slimy”. At this stage, gently detangle with a wide-tooth comb or your fingers.
- After washing, apply your favourite styling product (gel, mousse, crème, leave-in) generously to wet hair (seriously, use more than you think you need).
- Dry your hair by plopped in a t-shirt, letting it air dry, or drying with a diffuser on low.
How to style curly hair
To get your curls looking smooth, bouncy, and effortlessly styled, it’s all about making sure they’re moisturised enough without being weighed down with product. Using the right products and technique is essential. So, let’s break it down.
- Curly hair is much easier to style when it’s knot-free so to get your hair nice and detangled, firstly start with brushing through your hair with nothing other than a wide-toothed comb. If you’re dealing with some super aggressive knots, then do this step after conditioning, otherwise a gentle brush through wet hair is the way to go.
- After washing and while hair is still damp, massage a decent amount of curl enhancing cream through your hair (avoid going to the roots). This is the key to getting perfect frizz-free curls – the cream helps seal in moisture while also giving curls hold.
- Then to dry, either heat-dry with a diffuser attachment or plop your hair into a t-shirt or microfibre towel to dry hair faster and leave curls intact. The diffuser evenly distributed heat and air and delivers it in a more controlled way, which avoids curls being blown out of shape. In a similar vein, plopping hair while drying holds in its shape as excessive moisture gets drawn out.
Those three key steps are essential. Then, once your hair is dry, you might like to run a little argan oil through the ends to further define and smooth curls – you don’t need much so be careful of adding too much weight to curls. And that’s it! You’re rocking some beautiful, natural curls that look so good, it would be a crime to not wear them out.
What are the best products for curly hair?
Naturally curly hair can easily become frizzy, dry, and bushy; however, using the right products can limit bad hair days. So, what are some must have products for boys and girls that are blessed with curls?
- Sulphate-free shampoo – as endorsed by the Curly Girl Method, this shampoo is ideal for curls as it is much milder and helps retain moisture.
- Silicone-free conditioner – while silicone instantly makes hair feel super smooth, eventually it builds up to make hair dull and weighty.
- Curl Cream – to really make sure each curl stands apart and shines, use a curl cream to define and smooth each precious curl. Make sure it’s also silicone free to give your curls their best chance to shine!
- Hydrating hair treatment – for an extra boost of moisture, indulge in a sulphate and silicone-free hair treatment every 2-3 washes.
- Hair oil – to keep curls smooth, shiny, and defined throughout the day, pump a little hair oil to distribute through the ends of your hair.
- Wide tooth comb – curly haired people know that brushes aren’t the one when it comes to detangling hair. Invest in a wide tooth comb to help you manage knots – use this after conditioning to help you manage any tricky knots.
- Microfibre towels – Microfibre towels work great for hair plopping, and due to their texture and absorbency, they are super gentle and dry your hair extremely fast.
COLOURED HAIR FAQs
What is the best shampoo for coloured hair?
Colouring hair takes time, effort, and money – don’t let it all go down the drain (along with your hair colour) by using the wrong shampoo to maintain your freshly-dyed locks. Some shampoos can contain harsh detergents that strip away colour with each use, leading to your hair colour fading quickly, hair damage, and dull or frizzy hair. For colour longevity, it’s best to use a colour protecting shampoo as part of your haircare routine.
Colour protecting shampoos are specifically formulated to lock in hair dyes to prevent them from washing out as quickly and becoming dull. They also maintain gloss and shine, to keep your hair looking and feeling as good as it did when walking out of the salon. Some of our top brands for colour protection products include Nak Hair, muk, Davroe, Matrix, milk_shake, Keratherapy, and Biolage, to name a few. Search through Haircare Superstore’s full range of shampoos here!
Is dye bad for your hair?
Hair dye can be a lot of fun, but it can also take its toll on our hair. The hair dying process can weaken hair strands over time and even lead to breakage, especially without the right aftercare routine. Whether you’re going lighter or darker, dying hair involves using harsh chemicals to open up the hair cuticle and either dissolve or add pigment. The extent to which this damages hair depends on a few factors, including existing hair condition, type of hair dye (permanent vs wash-out or gloss), and how you’re looking after your hair.
Without a solid haircare routine, colouring your hair can eventually compromise the integrity the hair structure, leading to breakage (and an unwanted hair cut). So, ensure your haircare routine includes the following steps for the ultimate hair health when regularly colouring:
- Colour protecting shampoo and conditioner – this is an important step to prevent colour from washing out (unfortunately even the most permanent of colours will still fade).
- Hair treatments – whether it be a hydrating treatment to add moisture back into your hair, or a protein treatment for strength (or both), make sure you take the time (once every 2-3 washes) to give your hair a little TLC.
- Styling products – grab a few staples that will make styling easier and protect your hair at the same time. From thermal protection sprays, oils, and creams, you can ensure your style is always looking on-point and feeling healthy.
How to prevent colour from fading
Nothing is better than freshly dyed hair. It’s silky, shiny, and vibrant in colour. However, no matter how permanent dye claims to be, it does tend to fade over time. Thankfully, there are some simple steps you can take to prolong your colour and keep your hair salon fresh for longer:
- Use a colour protective shampoo and conditioner – these use gentler detergents and are packed with moisturising ingredients to prevent colour washing out and your hair from drying out.
- Minimising washing hair – fewer washes means less dye goes down the drain. In between washes, use dry shampoo to soak up any oils and keep hair looking fresh.
- Avoid hot water – we’re not saying brave the cold shower, but steaming-hot showers are a sure-fire way to let all that beautiful pigment escape from your hair follicles. Drop the temp slightly for your next shower to avoid sacrificing colour.
- Avoid getting hair wet in spas, pools and at the beach – and if it’s unavoidable, drench your hair in leave-in conditioner to create a barrier and stop colour from seeping out.
- Mix remaining dye with conditioner for a quick refresh – when your colour is looking a little lacklustre, cover your dry hair with this conditioner and let it sit for as long as possible before washing out as per your normal routine. This will give your colour a little boost between hair appointments.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
* Free standard shipping (Australia only) to selected post codes for all orders over $50.
For Standard delivery, please allow 4-7 business days.^^
Standard Delivery Rates:
- Orders up to 500g: Standard delivery rate $5.95
- Orders 500g and over (under $50): Standard delivery rate $9.95
For Express delivery, please allow 1-3 business days.^^
Express Delivery Rates:
- Orders up to 5kg (under $50): Express delivery rate $12.95**
- Orders up to 5kg (over $50): Express delivery rate $9.95**
- Orders 5kg +: Not Available
Note – All orders require a signature on delivery.