Intensive maintenance conditioner for color-treated hair
milk_shake deep color maintainer balm provides ultimate long-lasting colour and conditioning to hair. This intensive conditioner is formulated with a concentrate of specific active ingredients for optimal color retention and stability for chemically-treated hair. The exceptionally protective and detangling formula in milk_shake deep color maintainer balm leaves hair soft, shiny and strong.
milk_shake deep color maintainer balm contains quinoa proteins, adding exceptional vitality, color intensity, shine and protection to chemically-treated hair. Specific active ingredients, selected for color-treated or lightened hair, complete the formula.
Use: Apply to clean, towel dry hair, leave in for a few minutes, comb through and rinse.
COLOURED HAIR FAQs
What is the best shampoo for coloured hair?
Colouring hair takes time, effort, and money – don’t let it all go down the drain (along with your hair colour) by using the wrong shampoo to maintain your freshly-dyed locks. Some shampoos can contain harsh detergents that strip away colour with each use, leading to your hair colour fading quickly, hair damage, and dull or frizzy hair. For colour longevity, it’s best to use a colour protecting shampoo as part of your haircare routine.
Colour protecting shampoos are specifically formulated to lock in hair dyes to prevent them from washing out as quickly and becoming dull. They also maintain gloss and shine, to keep your hair looking and feeling as good as it did when walking out of the salon. Some of our top brands for colour protection products include Nak Hair, muk, Davroe, Matrix, milk_shake, Keratherapy, and Biolage, to name a few. Search through Haircare Superstore’s full range of shampoos here!
Is dye bad for your hair?
Hair dye can be a lot of fun, but it can also take its toll on our hair. The hair dying process can weaken hair strands over time and even lead to breakage, especially without the right aftercare routine. Whether you’re going lighter or darker, dying hair involves using harsh chemicals to open up the hair cuticle and either dissolve or add pigment. The extent to which this damages hair depends on a few factors, including existing hair condition, type of hair dye (permanent vs wash-out or gloss), and how you’re looking after your hair.
Without a solid haircare routine, colouring your hair can eventually compromise the integrity the hair structure, leading to breakage (and an unwanted hair cut). So, ensure your haircare routine includes the following steps for the ultimate hair health when regularly colouring:
- Colour protecting shampoo and conditioner – this is an important step to prevent colour from washing out (unfortunately even the most permanent of colours will still fade).
- Hair treatments – whether it be a hydrating treatment to add moisture back into your hair, or a protein treatment for strength (or both), make sure you take the time (once every 2-3 washes) to give your hair a little TLC.
- Styling products – grab a few staples that will make styling easier and protect your hair at the same time. From thermal protection sprays, oils, and creams, you can ensure your style is always looking on-point and feeling healthy.
How to prevent colour from fading
Nothing is better than freshly dyed hair. It’s silky, shiny, and vibrant in colour. However, no matter how permanent dye claims to be, it does tend to fade over time. Thankfully, there are some simple steps you can take to prolong your colour and keep your hair salon fresh for longer:
- Use a colour protective shampoo and conditioner – these use gentler detergents and are packed with moisturising ingredients to prevent colour washing out and your hair from drying out.
- Minimising washing hair – fewer washes means less dye goes down the drain. In between washes, use dry shampoo to soak up any oils and keep hair looking fresh.
- Avoid hot water – we’re not saying brave the cold shower, but steaming-hot showers are a sure-fire way to let all that beautiful pigment escape from your hair follicles. Drop the temp slightly for your next shower to avoid sacrificing colour.
- Avoid getting hair wet in spas, pools and at the beach – and if it’s unavoidable, drench your hair in leave-in conditioner to create a barrier and stop colour from seeping out.
- Mix remaining dye with conditioner for a quick refresh – when your colour is looking a little lacklustre, cover your dry hair with this conditioner and let it sit for as long as possible before washing out as per your normal routine. This will give your colour a little boost between hair appointments.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
* Free standard shipping (Australia only) to selected post codes for all orders over $50.
For Standard delivery, please allow 4-7 business days.^^
Standard Delivery Rates:
- Orders up to 500g: Standard delivery rate $5.95
- Orders 500g and over (under $50): Standard delivery rate $9.95
For Express delivery, please allow 1-3 business days.^^
Express Delivery Rates:
- Orders up to 5kg (under $50): Express delivery rate $12.95**
- Orders up to 5kg (over $50): Express delivery rate $9.95**
- Orders 5kg +: Not Available
Note – All orders require a signature on delivery.