it nourishes and rebuilds the core of the hair fibre and moisturises the scalp. Formulated with quinoa milk, silk and wheat germ which helps revitalize curls and leaves hair hydrated and shiny and shapes the curls.
- Colourant Free
- Sulphates Free
CURLY HAIR FAQs
What is a good curly hair routine?
Naturally curly hair is eye-catching and absolutely gorgeous, but it’s also a bit fussy. Using the wrong products and routine can produce flat, lacklustre, and frizzy curls. That’s why a lot of curly-haired folk swear by routines such as the Curly Girl Method to enhance their natural curls, minimise frizz, and cut down product build-up. Never heard of the Curly Girl Method? We can break it down for you:
- Wash hair with a sulphate containing shampoo to “reset” your hair (only sulphate shampoos can break down silicones and waxes, which you’ll need to avoid thereafter, by the way). Anytime you accidentally use a product containing silicones or wax, you’ll need to repeat this step!
- When not needing to “reset”, wash hair with a sulphate-free shampoo. These shampoos have much gentler detergents that don’t strip moisture out of your hair. Make sure you’re spending at least 60 seconds massaging your scalp to get all the product out!
- Use a generous amount of silicone-free conditioner to coat your mid-lengths to ends (stay away from the root! Your ends should be fully saturated with conditioner and feel “slimy”. At this stage, gently detangle with a wide-tooth comb or your fingers.
- After washing, apply your favourite styling product (gel, mousse, crème, leave-in) generously to wet hair (seriously, use more than you think you need).
- Dry your hair by plopped in a t-shirt, letting it air dry, or drying with a diffuser on low.
How to style curly hair
To get your curls looking smooth, bouncy, and effortlessly styled, it’s all about making sure they’re moisturised enough without being weighed down with product. Using the right products and technique is essential. So, let’s break it down.
- Curly hair is much easier to style when it’s knot-free so to get your hair nice and detangled, firstly start with brushing through your hair with nothing other than a wide-toothed comb. If you’re dealing with some super aggressive knots, then do this step after conditioning, otherwise a gentle brush through wet hair is the way to go.
- After washing and while hair is still damp, massage a decent amount of curl enhancing cream through your hair (avoid going to the roots). This is the key to getting perfect frizz-free curls – the cream helps seal in moisture while also giving curls hold.
- Then to dry, either heat-dry with a diffuser attachment or plop your hair into a t-shirt or microfibre towel to dry hair faster and leave curls intact. The diffuser evenly distributed heat and air and delivers it in a more controlled way, which avoids curls being blown out of shape. In a similar vein, plopping hair while drying holds in its shape as excessive moisture gets drawn out.
Those three key steps are essential. Then, once your hair is dry, you might like to run a little argan oil through the ends to further define and smooth curls – you don’t need much so be careful of adding too much weight to curls. And that’s it! You’re rocking some beautiful, natural curls that look so good, it would be a crime to not wear them out.
What are the best products for curly hair?
Naturally curly hair can easily become frizzy, dry, and bushy; however, using the right products can limit bad hair days. So, what are some must have products for boys and girls that are blessed with curls?
- Sulphate-free shampoo – as endorsed by the Curly Girl Method, this shampoo is ideal for curls as it is much milder and helps retain moisture.
- Silicone-free conditioner – while silicone instantly makes hair feel super smooth, eventually it builds up to make hair dull and weighty.
- Curl Cream – to really make sure each curl stands apart and shines, use a curl cream to define and smooth each precious curl. Make sure it’s also silicone free to give your curls their best chance to shine!
- Hydrating hair treatment – for an extra boost of moisture, indulge in a sulphate and silicone-free hair treatment every 2-3 washes.
- Hair oil – to keep curls smooth, shiny, and defined throughout the day, pump a little hair oil to distribute through the ends of your hair.
- Wide tooth comb – curly haired people know that brushes aren’t the one when it comes to detangling hair. Invest in a wide tooth comb to help you manage knots – use this after conditioning to help you manage any tricky knots.
- Microfibre towels – Microfibre towels work great for hair plopping, and due to their texture and absorbency, they are super gentle and dry your hair extremely fast.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
* Free standard shipping (Australia only) to selected post codes for all orders over $50.
For Standard delivery, please allow 4-7 business days.^^
Standard Delivery Rates:
- Orders up to 500g: Standard delivery rate $5.95
- Orders 500g and over (under $50): Standard delivery rate $9.95
For Express delivery, please allow 1-3 business days.^^
Express Delivery Rates:
- Orders up to 5kg (under $50): Express delivery rate $12.95**
- Orders up to 5kg (over $50): Express delivery rate $9.95**
- Orders 5kg +: Not Available
Note – All orders require a signature on delivery.